Roasted Tomato Bisque
- 5 large tomatoes. quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 large yellow onions, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 1/2 cups of vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 - 1 cup milk alternative like soy (make sure it has nothing but beans and water)
- 1/2 tap paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the tomatoes, onions and pepper onto it. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake in the over for about 5 minutes and then add the garlic cloves. Continue to roast the vegetables until they soften and start to caramelize, about 25-25 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- Put the vegetables into a large soup pot and add the vegetable stock. Use an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender) to process until smooth, in batches if necessary.
- Add 1/2 cup of the milk alternative and stir to combine. Taste and add up to 1/2 cup more, if needed. Season with salt, pepper, and more paprika.