- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (if you like it hotter, leave in some of the seeds)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
To make the tortilla chips:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Stack about 4 tortillas at a time on your cutting board and cut in half and then each half into thirds. Place the chips on a baking sheet. If you'd like to add salt, first mist them with a spray bottle filled with water and then add the salt. Sometimes the chips are a little moist and you can salt them without misting. *(For an easy microwavable option, see below.)
- Place in the oven for about 7-10 minutes or until they are pretty crispy and starting to turn golden.
- Place black beans, red onion, cilantro, mango, avocado, jalapeño and juice into a large bowl
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- If it needs more zing, add more lime (or lemon) juice.
*NOTE: You can also try microwaving them with this kitchen gadget. It works really well!
OIL-FREE CHIP MAKER