Healthy Onion Dip
- 1/2 block 14 oz. firm organic tofu
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. white miso
- 2 T. dried chopped onion (see below)
- Dry-saute the onions in a non-stick pan (no water) until lightly browned, turning frequently.
- Add the garlic at the end of the onion browning for a few minutes. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Add the tofu, lemon, miso, apple cider vinegar and cooled onion mixture to the food processor.
- Process until smooth and remove to a bowl.
- Add the dried chopped onion and mix to combine. Cool in refrigerator for about an hour so flavors can blend.