- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed (3-4 cups)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2-1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbl. minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tbl. maple syrup or sugar replacement
- 2 cups soy milk (or substitute) mixed with 1 1/2 tsp. of coconut extract
- 2 Tbl. peanut butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a big soup pot.
- Heat to boiling and then lower it to a simmer and cook covered for about 45 minutes to an hour.