Share this recipe
Kale Salad with Oranges
- 1 packaged kale salad mix or from scratch:
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained, reserving 2 T juice
- 1 whole avocado, 1/2 rough chopped, 1/2 for massaging into kale
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 T juice from the mandarin oranges
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the avocado and massage into kale with hands until it softens.
- Prepare the dressing in a separate bow. Pour over all and toss.