Broccoli Cauliflower Veggie Divan
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 T. flour (I used oatmeal made into flour in my Vitamixer)
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. curry (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Saute onion with a little water in a large sauté pan until almost almost soft.
- Mix flour with a little stock in a small bowl using a whisk.
- Put the vegetables into a steamer and steam until crisp tender.
- Add the veggie stock to the onions in the pan and heat a few minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the pan and stir until well blended. No lumps should form and mixture should begin to thicken.
- Add the milk alternative to thin along with the lemon and spices.
- When veggies are done, put them into a casserole dish sprayed with a little non-stick spray.
- Pour thickened sauce over veggies and move them around a bit so the sauce will cover them.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until veggies are heated through.
- Serve over your choice of grain.