Implement these 10 tips for starting a plant-based diet by spending 10 minutes a day on each for the next 10 days and you’ll be on the path to a healthier, slimmer you.
Do more per day if you’re inspired!
Read this post, “Plant-Based Meal Planning Myths,” and then also try these tips to get you going.
1. Go MEATLESS on MONDAY. Every Monday. Meatless Mondays have been around for over 20 years and it’s a habit worth sticking with. Find oodles of recipes that are easy and delicious in the “Main Dish” category or hop on over to meatlessmonday.com to find more.
2. Spend 10 extra minutes in the grocery store locating any new items on your plant-based grocery list – like quinoa, tempeh, soy milk and fat-free pasta sauce (the 365 brand from Whole Foods), or nutritional yeast.
3. Go to your pantry (or fridge) right now and spend 10 minutes throwing out (or recycling) the following items: sugary cereals, soft drinks, packaged chips, cheese, milk, meat, including deli meats, white bread, creamy sauces. There must be more – just do it!
4. Although it’d be ideal if you didn’t have unhealthy food in the frig, it can happen, especially if you have other members of your household eating a different diet than you SO, put your healthy snacks and food, like sliced carrots or peppers or tofu and tempeh, in clear containers on the middle 2 shelves. That way you’ll see them and choose them over less healthy choices. Put the unhealthy items in the drawers so they’re out of sight. (From Slim by Design)
6. Find glass containers at your local kitchen store or on the Internet* for storing your plant-based snacks, like hummus and carrots, or your leftovers.
7. Print our your recipes for the week and keep them in a folder in the kitchen somewhere.
8. On 3 x 5” cards, write the reasons you want to stick with a plant-based diet. Keep them in your pocket or purse for the day and read them often. (Ideas: be able to hike 2 miles, look better in my clothes, walk without pain, live to see my grandkids, get off my meds, etc.) (From The Beck Diet)
9. Meditate for 10 minutes visualizing your goals and imagining yourself thin and/or healthy.
10. Tell 3 friends that you are starting on a plant-based diet and have them ask you how it’s going in one week.
Finally, read through the “Getting Started” page, too. I hope these suggestions help you more quickly get started on your journey to a plant-based diet and awesome health.
* Click the links below to find Erythritol or glass containers on Amazon:
100% Pure Erythritol Crystalline Now Foods 2.5 lb Granules
Glass Containers on Amazon