EASY Arugula, APPLE, BEET SALAD RECIPE
This Arugula, Apple, Beet Salad is a very easy salad to make with pre-packaged arugula or a mix of arugula and spinach.
If you find beets pre-cooked at the store, it’s even easier. I used these Love Beets from Costco that come already boiled, and air-sealed in a package of 4 pouches, so this is great to keep around for weeks.
Just open one and the rest have a long shelf life. Beets are great to use; not only for enhancing your salads but adding pizzaz/oomph to your soups, hummus (just add one with some mint and spices), and to your berry smoothies!
You won’t want to miss these delightful salads:
- Arugula, Orange and Beet Salad
- Vegan Caprese Salad with Blackberry & Watermelon
- Corn, Tomato Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Low-Fat Broccoli Salad
You can enjoy this beautiful salad all year round. All you need to do is chop the beets and apple, toss them into a bowl with the arugula and/or spinach and whisk together your dressing.
Top with some brain-boosting, omega-rich walnuts for a nice crunch, and you have a delicious, sweet n tangy salad that’s so fresh, full of flavor, and extremely satisfying. Not to mention visually beautiful.
Beets Are So Good for You
Do you know that beets are one of the most nutritious foods you cant eat? They contain powerful blood purifying components which are so important for a properly functioning immune system. In addition, beets and beet juice can actually lower your blood pressure. Don’t believe it? Check out this article, Beetroot Juice and Blood Pressure: A Study Funded By The British Heart Foundation, and see for yourself.
I think beets in anything make a dish more appetizing so don’t forget to roast them up and include them in your salads, soups, or just by themselves.
If nuts are an allergen for you, you can always replace them with high fiber, mineral-rich sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or omega-rich hemp seeds.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Arugula, Apple, Beet Salad! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it!
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mgs) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 3g ≥ 100 calories
Arugula, Apple Beet Salad
- 1 5-6 oz bag arugula or a combination of arugula and spinach
- 2 roasted beets * rough chopped
- 1 apple chopped (you could also use mandarin oranges or pears)
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine, champagne or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Put all of the salad ingredients a large salad bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- *Roasting beets: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Trim tops to about 1/2 of beets and save for another meal. Rinse any dirt or debris from the beets - some may need to be scrubbed clean. Put beets on a large piece of aluminum foil. (Optional: drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.) Fold foil over the beets and place in an oven-proof container. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until beets are tender. Cool and remove skins.