Get your chips ready for this yummy Black Bean Mango Salsa! Be sure to check out the video below.
Beans, beans, the magical fruit the more you eat, the more you…. How funny, we all know how that old song goes. But, did you know that you actually make your intestinal bacteria happy with all the fiber from beans.
Bacteria that live in our intestinal tract, also known as gut bugs, flourish off colorful, plant-based foods. This black bean mango salsa not only tastes good but it’s good for you too!
To learn more about the importance of gut health, check out this article: “What The Bacteria In Your Gut Have To Do With Your Physical And Mental Health.”
These little bugs can even affect your mental health. OK, but I love, love, love mango salsa. Problem is, that I can eat the whole container in one sitting and that is just too much fruit at one time.
Black Beans are so versatile! Try these recipes to see how much so:
- Black Bean Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Black Bean Brownies - now that's a mouth full!
- Black Bean Mushroom Burger
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Quesadilla
- Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cream
So, enter, the BLACK BEAN! The beans fill you up and the mango satisfies your sweet tooth. It’s a tangy, sweet, crunchy, spicy delight! Dip into with homemade, oil-free crispy tortilla chips and it’s pretty much guilt-free.
Not only is this great with chips but it can be a topping for other items as well. Try it in lieu of a heavy salad dressing next time you’re craving a spinach salad.
To make the tortilla chips either bake in the oven as in the instructions below or try this handy oil-free chip maker.
Did you know most people consider the “black bean” to be one of the world’s healthiest foods? Many public health organizations - including the American Diabetes Association, the American Heart Association, and the American Cancer Society - recommend legumes as a key food group for preventing disease and optimizing health.
- Place in a single layer on the chip maker.
- Microwave for about 4 minutes or until crisp.
I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Black Bean Mango Salsa recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- *Plantricious Friendly foods may include but are not limited to condiments, fermented foods, soups, sauces, beverages, dressings, marinades, etc.