I’ve had an urge to make another yummy cold soup, and this one is a fun twist on the traditional gazpacho recipe. This Avocado, Papaya Gazpacho is brimming with vegetable and fruit goodness! And it is a great refreshing lunch or snack, any time of the day.
Enjoy this rich and soothing Gazpacho. It’s got a little kick and the combination of tomato and sweetness of the pineapple is awesome. I’m not sure where it came from, but we had this at one of our gourmet group dinners years ago.
This gazpacho features some tropical fruits like papaya and avocado. Avocado is such a favorite, as it offers satiating omega’s, fiber, and healthy fat that keeps you feeling energized and replenished.
It also offers a delightful texture, contrasting with acidic tomatoes and citrus. All these flavors blend together nicely for a cool bowl of soup.
Enjoy these refreshing soups:
Cleansing and detoxing cilantro and a dash of lime and Tabasco is always a wonderful addition, boosting the cleansing properties of this fantastic dish.
If you are cleansing in the summer, this is a wonderful dish to make to where it’s a meal and a juice combined.
If you live in Colorado or have local farmers’ markets around, you can find some fun and beautiful veggies to add to this. Sometimes fresh corn is a nice way to add more clean carbs and added crunch.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients and prepped your veggies, your gazpacho is ready to be tossed together. Just cover and refrigerate. It’s best to allow about 4 hours or so for all the flavors to meld together. But this is certainly at your discretion.
It can get really hot on summer days, and this soup is so refreshingly delicious! You can serve with baked corn chips or raw tacos for a fun raw Mexican spread.
If you’re trying to beat the heat, be sure to check out some other vegan recipes from neighboring bloggers in this Chill Out: 19 Cooling Plant-Based Summer Recipes.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Avocado Papaya Gazpacho recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Avocado, Papaya Gazpacho
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice (Trader Joe's or Campbell's low-sodium)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 ripe papaya or mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper (or any color bell pepper) seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 avocado cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 6-10 dashes of Tabasco (about 2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large bowl, gently mix all of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.