This easy Banana Bread with Maple Glaze is sweet and still full of plant-based goodness. It has been revamped into a delicious, healthy treat.
The maple glaze takes the decadence over the top. You’ll want to serve this to your family and friends. It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack or to serve when you have company.
The walnuts are optional but it’s healthier with the walnuts included. Traditional banana bread is loaded with walnuts, they give a richness and great flavor to this recipe. Not to mention walnuts are incredibly healthy.
Another thing to be mindful of is, to get a better product it is always recommended to use higher quality ingredients like organic cinnamon, high-quality vanilla, real maple syrup (not the sugary brand), and organic bananas.
Something sweet and chocolaty and still full of plant-based goodness. The easy Banana Bread Maple Glaze makes it company-worthy, as well!
Head over to these recipes to enjoy a few more tasty treats:
- Blueberry Lemon Coconut Bars
- Carrot Chia Pudding with Indian Spices
- Cherry Chocolate Smoothie
- Low Fat Cinnamon Nut Granola
- Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Another thing to remember is to use real vanilla in all your recipes. This article provides great tips on how to read the labels and decipher the difference between real and fake vanilla extract.
When living a healthy, plant-based lifestyle it’s important to try and avoid artificial ingredients as much as possible.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Banana Bread with Maple Glaze Recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it!
Banana Bread with Maple Glaze
- ½ cup + 2 Tbl non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbl almond butter
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 ½ – 2 bananas)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract non-alcoholic preferred
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Ceylon cinnamon*
- ½ cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Optional Maple-Cinnamon Glaze
- 2 Tbl maple syrup
- 6 Tbl Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Ceylon cinnamon*
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, 177°C.
- In a small bowl, add the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and whisk together. Set aside for at least 5 minutes so the non-dairy milk curdles.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, mashed banana, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add the non-dairy milk, vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled bread pan with parchment paper long enough to line the bottom of the pan with extra hanging over the sides. Bake for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl with the maple syrup.
- Add the cinnamon and whish until smooth.
- Spoon over the cake.