If you’re looking for a quick side dish for dinner or a quick lunch, then this Brussels sprouts with raisins recipe is the perfect option. This tasty dish doesn’t take long to prepare and that is one of its biggest appeals.
If you have access to Trader Joe’s, they have just the right size already bagged and quick to use. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples and so this can be prepared with ease.
Now I know I mentioned this is great for a side or lunch but it works really well for a special occasion side dish. Let’s take Thanksgiving, for example. Just add some spices and maybe one or two more ingredients and you have a simple but elegant accompaniment to your holiday meal.
Or, you might like this other sweet and tangy and spicy Brussels Sprouts recipe, as well. The same thing goes for Christmas or a dinner party you may throw. You can easily add flavors of the season or herbs that can change the dish to fit the occasion.
Pair these Brussels Sprouts with a plant-based dinner:
- Vegan BBQ Meatloaf
- Baked Tofu
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Risotto with Basil Pesto
- Classic Basil Marinara with Angel Hair Pasta
Dress it up with toasted shallots, kick it up with Asian 5 spice seasoning or swap raisins for cranberries and pecans for Thanksgiving. Be sure to get organic dried cranberries, you don’t want added sugar.
This is one of those side dishes you can play with and it never disappoints.
Check out my other Brussels sprouts recipe that roasts them with a sweet and tangy dressing.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Brussels Sprouts with Raisins! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Brussels Sprouts with Raisins
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- Place cut side down in a large skillet over medium heat. Watch carefully until they begin to brown.
- Add the vegetable stock and raisins.
- Simmer with a lid on for about 5-7 minutes or until they are crisp-tender.