If you aren’t on board with tofu, yet, try these yummy tofu bites. I think you’ll find them very satisfying. This is an excellent way to prepare tofu for just about any dish. Tofu is high in protein, low in fat, and virtually flavorless, which makes it a wonderful conduit for a marinade. It soaks up its flavorings from what you use to soak it in.
There is no added oil. Be sure to press the tofu before you marinate it so that it soaks up all of the great flavors. The drier you can get it the better.
Press the tofu using a tofu press or by wrapping in paper towels and placing it on a plate with another plate on top. Put something heavy on top. Press for around 15 minutes while you prepare the other veggies.
Use my discount code PLANTBASEDCOOKING_10 and receive 10% off your order of The TofuBud.
Have a look at these tofu dishes:
- Avocado Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad with Tofu Feta
- One Pot Thai Coconut Curry Tofu
- Vietnamese Tofu Noodle Bowl
- Tofu Veggie Scramble
After pressing the tofu, cube into about 1″ squares. Put into a bowl. Mix up the marinade and pour over, making sure every bit if covered. Marinate at least 10 minutes and longer, up to an hour, if you can. Then bake on a non-stick baking sheet for 15 minutes a side. These are great in any Asian dish like this Pineapple Fried Rice.
Garnish with some sesame seeds for a fun and nutritional boost: Vitamins and minerals like copper, manganese, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, zinc, Vitamin B1, selenium and dietary fiber.
This tofu recipe is so simple and dynamic, you can use it in so many ways. Top it onto a salad, enjoy with a quinoa salad, or wrap in a burrito. Use this method with other marinades for fun.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Baked Tofu recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means if you click a link, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure.
- 1 16 oz. container firm organic tofu drained, halved crosswise and pressed for 20 minutes to remove some of the water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce , low sodium
- 2 Tbl maple syrup
- 2 Tbl ketchup
- 1 Tbl rice vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- Press the tofu using a tofu press or by wrapping in paper towels and placing it on a plate with another plate on top. Put something heavy on top.Slice tofu into 1″ cubes.
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Gently stir tofu cubes into sauce. Cover and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn tofu, and bake until it turns golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
Made it for supper tonight and served it with stir fried veggies! It was well received! A lovely meal – this will be a “go to” tofu marinade from now on. Thank you Diane – I so trust your recipes!
Thanks for your feedback! I’m so glad everyone enjoyed it. 🙂