What’s not to love about a healthy dessert made with plant-based vegan goodness like this tasty avocado tofu chocolate mousse?
It’s great for a snack, or it’s elegant for dinner guests and so easy to put together. You’ll be out of the kitchen in a flash.
Low-fat and sugar desserts are sometimes hard to find, but this chocolate mousse is a classic that’s often made with just tofu but I’ve added one avocado to mix it up and add a little good fat.
Chocolate is a healthy addition to your diet unless you’re sensitive to caffeine. I like to use cacao instead of cocoa.
The difference is that cacao is not roasted and therefore retains more of its enzymes and has more antioxidants. You can, however, use cocoa if you prefer.
These healthy plant-based snacks are not to be missed:
- Spicy Molasses Bars
- Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Cherry Vanilla Swirl Cake Bites
- Blueberry Lemon Bars
- Banana Bread with Maple Glaze
And you may have heard that chocolate is, for the most part, good for you, although it does contain some caffeine, so if you’re sensitive you may not want to have any late at night. It usually contains sugar and fat so eat sparingly.
It really is dark chocolate that has the most antioxidants containing “up to 2-3 times more flavanol-rich cocoa solids than milk chocolate,” according to the Harvard School of Public Health.
Tops with some delightful raspberries or strawberries for beautiful color and a pop of flavor.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Tasty Tofu Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it!
Tasty Tofu Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 12-14 oz block extra firm organic tofu regular or Silken (no need to press)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or MALK brand
- 1 avocado peeled and seed removed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract non-alcoholic preferred
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 2+ tsp stevia depending on how sweet you like it
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Crumble the tofu into a blender or food processor and add the milk, avocado, vanilla, cocoa and maple syrup
- Blend on high until the mousse is smooth.
- Pour into small containers, top with a couple of raspberries for each serving and let rest in the refrigerator for an hour or so to cool and blend the flavors.