This easy cold cucumber soup is nicely flavored with fresh mint and topped with avocado. Serve on hot summer days for a refreshing lunch.
It’s not quite hot enough for cold soup, but I just couldn’t wait to have this cold cucumber soup again. It’s so refreshing, satisfying, delicious and easy to make. Wonderful enjoyed is you’re on a cleanse or liquid fast, or as a simple snack or appetizer on a hot summer day.
It calls for mint and this really makes the dish pop with freshness. Don’t leave it out!
Cucumber and avocado are both beautifying foods as they hydrate and moisturize the skin and replenish your body with pure mineral hydration.
The garlic and lemon juice add an antibacterial boost which is a wonderful way to stay strong and healthy over the summer.
Summer-inspired plant-based recipes to fill your bbq spread:
- Tempeh Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Caprese Salad with Blackberry & Watermelon
- V-8 Smoothie
- BBQ Baked Beans
This recipe is so easy, all you need to do is blend all of these ingredients in a high-speed blender (I recommend Vitamix, ninja, or magic bullet for a quick portion in under 2 minutes, you can use any high-speed blender). Add some cubed avocado, sprigs of mint, and you have yourself a refreshing, beautifying meal in a bowl.
This elegant recipe is inspired by Viviane Bauquet Farre and foodandstyle.com. I used soy yogurt but you could use almond. Coconut yogurt would give it a stronger coconut flavor.
Cold Cucumber Soup
- 1 3/4 lbs cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 3″ pieces
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic skinned
- 8 large mint leaves
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened homemade yogurt (or a small container store-bought)
- 1/2 cup water or more
- 1 avocado chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients except the avocado in a Vitamix or food processor with 1/2 cup of the spring water. Pulse a few times so the ingredients are coarsely chopped, then process until smooth. Thin with more water if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl an refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, until well chilled.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls and top with the chopped avocado.