This creamy curried cauliflower soup is absolutely one of my favorites and so easy to make. It’s warm and comforting while providing a great burst of plant-based nutrition with cauliflower, yams, red peppers and garbanzo beans for a little protein.
The coconut milk kicks it up a notch and adds the creaminess. It’s also organic and only has organic coconut and water! If you’d prefer, though, you could also use a teaspoon of coconut extract with unsweetened non-dairy milk.
Enjoy this satisfying and easy curried cauliflower soup recipe with a large bowl of salad greens or munch on it as a snack when you get that afternoon urge.
This soup is easily made in the slow cooker, too. Note: If using a slow cooker, set on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
Vegan Curried Cauliflower Soup
I always have my homemade vegetable broth on hand, as I like to freeze in batches, and is what I’ve used for this curried cauliflower soup with coconut milk.
Grab your ingredients and start prepping the potatoes, yams, cauliflower, carrots, bell pepper and onion. Once prepped, add these vegetables and garbanzo (chickpeas) beans in a large pot over medium heat.
Sprinkle your spices in and add the 4 cups of vegetable broth. Once it has come to a boil, cover and simmer on low until vegetables are tender. About 45 minutes.
Towards the end, add the coconut milk, heat through and serve!
Try one of these curry-inspired recipes:
- Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Peas
- Curried Chickpea Rice Salad
- Lightly Curried Vegetable Wraps
- Chickpea Flour Omelet with Curried Greens
- Curried Coconut Lentil Yam Soup
This plant based cauliflower soup will warm your belly and is perfect for fall with seasonal spices like curry and ginger. Read more about Jumpstarting Your Fall with Healthy Warming Spices.
You can feel good about this curried cauliflower soup calories, as 1 bowl serving has about 275 calories. It is also pack full of fiber with 12.5 grams and even a whopping 9 grams of protein!
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup ! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Originally posted November 12, 2012.
Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1/2 lb potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 lb yams peeled and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into about 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (3 medium)
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper coarsely chopped, (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth or low sodium brand
- 1 14 oz can light canned coconut milk
- OR 1 tsp coconut extract with unsweetened non-dairy milk (Westsoy or Trader Joe’s brand soy milk)
- Combine potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, sweet pepper, onion, and beans in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sprinkle curry powder, ginger, crushed red pepper and salt over vegetables and beans. Pour broth over all.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low-heat for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in coconut milk and heat through. Note: If using a slow cooker, set on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
Salt not included