Quinoa Salad with Mango Dressing. This nutritious, delightfully easy to cook grain (which is actually a seed and therefore gluten-free) is a powerhouse of nutrition. It’s high in complete protein with all 9 essential amino acids.
In addition, it has lysine, magnesium, and fiber which lowers risk of type 2 diabetes. I could keep going, but why don’t you read more about it here.
The great thing about quinoa is it goes with almost any meal… It’s great for lunch or dinner and also as a party side dish. And, some even like it for breakfast as a replacement for oatmeal.
The mango chutney salad dressing has garam masala, curry, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and lemon. It’s a warm, fruity but savory dressing, perfect for the quinoa to absorb it’s flavor.
You really don’t need a recipe because just about any chopped vegetable would go well in this plant-based quinoa salad with mango chutney. Sliced greens, roasted squash, cherry tomatoes, avocado. Check out my quinoa salad with spinach here and my mushroom quinoa pilaf, as well.
For this quinoa mango salad, I’ve used red onion, red pepper, green onions, cucumber, apple, raisins, garlic, and almonds. Topped with the mango chutney dressing, this dish has many layers of fruit, vegetables and healthy grains.
If you love quinoa you might like my other recipes:
Once the quinoa has cooled, just toss in the remaining ingredients and chutney salad dressing and this low calorie quinoa salad is ready to serve.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Quinoa Salad with Mango Dressing recipe! If you have a photo, post it on Instagram, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Quinoa Salad with Mango Dressing
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 apple chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds optional
- 2 Tbl mango chutney store-bought or homemade
- 1/3 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- Put quinoa in a bowl and add remainder of the salad ingredients.
- Mix the dressing in a separate bowl and pour over quinoa.
- If using slivered almonds, toast in a dry frying pan for a few minutes until golden brown, add to the bowl.
- Stir to combine and let sit a few minutes for flavors to blend.
Leave a Reply