I’m not one to gush, but can I just say…. wow. If you’ve ever wished you could have a quick and easy small batch of fresh homemade plant milk, The Nutr is your answer.
Imagine non-dairy milk with no added gums or emulsifiers, preservatives, no added oils, or sugar, and that’s ready in minutes.
I’ve written this review so you can decide for yourself if it’s worth it to purchase The Nutr for making homemade plant milk.
What is The Nutr
I received The Nutr for free for testing purposes and am posting my honest review.
The Nutr is a single serving (8-15 ounces) device with powerful blades that, in minutes, blends any type of nut or seed into rich and creamy plant milk. That would include almonds, but you can also make plant milk out of walnuts, pistachios, pecans, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, or a mixture of any.
You can also make your own soy milk because The Nutr will heat raw soybeans up to 212°F, which is necessary to consume it safely. And let’s not forget coconut milk AND oat milk, which are easily made in The Nutr.
It comes in beautiful earth-friendly packaging with one measuring spoon, a strainer, and a recipe instruction booklet.
It also has temperature settings and a timer for a delayed start. For example, if you’d like to have fresh non-dairy milk in the morning, you can set it to soak the nuts overnight and blend just before you arrive in the kitchen
Read on to see what I think and to get the discount code at the end of the review.
Black and Rose Gold Nutr Version 2.0
I have the new Nutr Machine in matte black and rose gold which looks great with the other black appliances on my kitchen counter. It’s the newest model and has some great new features. The Nutr also comes in white.
The Nutr Features
- See-through lid
- Powerful Blades
- 3 Heat & Blend Settings
- Recipe Booklet
- Delay Start & Soak
- Auto-Off Protection
- A strainer, measuring spoons, and recipe booklet
Why You’ll Love The Nutr
- Makes fresh non-dairy milk without unhealthy additives
- Eliminates waste from store-bought containers
- Makes clean-up easier
- Can make fresh soy milk with the heated setting
- Makes warm plant-milk
- Don’t have to deal with a nut-straining bag or the mess from a larger blender.
- Its compact size fits nicely on the kitchen counter.
It’s as simple as adding two tablespoons of your chosen ingredients, either a single ingredient or a combination of a couple of ingredients, such as flaxseeds and sesame seeds together, or almonds and a dried date. Then add 8 to 12 ounces of room temperature water, preferably filtered.
Choose the setting you prefer, either “Room Temperature,” “Warm,” or “Hot,” and the machine will start soon after. It’ll run in spurts of a few seconds at a time, probably to ensure the ingredients come in contact with the blades. Then, use the strainer to strain the milk unless you prefer using the pulp.
If you like very smooth milk, then you might want to use a nut milk bag.
Sample Recipe from the Recipe Booklet
OAT MILK HOT CHOCOLATE
- 1 Nutr spoonful of oats (2 tablespoons)
- 4 teaspoons coconut sugar or your favorite sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-12 ounces of water
- Put the water, oats, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and vanilla extract into the Nutr Machine.
- Press “warm,”
- Once the hot chocolate is ready, pour it into a mug and enjoy.
Other Recipes in the Booklet
- Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Apple Spice Latte
- Snickerdoodle Cashew Milk Latte
- Coconut Matcha
- Cookies n Cream
- Dalgona Coffee (iced whipped instant coffee with maple syrup)
- London Fog Latte with Earl Grey Tea
- Ginger Cinnamon, Almond Milk
- Gingerbread Latte
The Bottom Line
- No additives, emulsifiers, or preservatives
- Makes a quick batch of plant milk
- Easy cleanup
- Compact size
- Can make other recipes in it, such as hummus
- Larger quantities won’t go bad when left in the fridge for too long
- One tree planted for every Nutr machine sold
- Earth-friendly packaging, paper, and biodegradable insert
- Does make some noise, but it’s not nearly as loud as the Blendtec blender
- Cost, $189 for the black version and $169 for the white
- Still need to soak almonds for optimal blending
- Some fine grittiness remains when straining almond milk, so you have the option of using a nut milk bag
The Nutr makes a great small batch of fresh, creamy plant milk that can be enjoyed in your hot beverage, used in smoothies, or to make soups creamier.
DISCOUNT CODE: Use the code DIANE10 for $10 off when you check out.