I hope by using the recipes on this site you have learned to be flexible when it comes to cooking. Sometimes we just don’t have everything we need. That’s how this recipe for Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mash was born.
I didn’t have quite enough cauliflower or white potatoes for my usual cauliflower mash and decided to try this combo with sweet potatoes instead. The combination is divine for this cauliflower and sweet potato mash! This is another easy and quick recipe.
I usually have both sweet potatoes and regular potatoes on hand. Sweet potatoes, particularly, have excellent nutrition and fiber. Regular potatoes aren’t bad, either.
Add a few more plant-based side options to your meals:
- Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Apple Stuffing
- Glazed Radishes
- Mashed Cauliflower with Gravy
- Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf
- Scalloped Potato and Cabbage Casserole
If you want to kick up the flavor even more for this sweet potato and cauliflower mash, you can roast both the cauliflower and sweet potatoes to bring out their sweetness.
Having an easy and flexible recipe is so helpful when sticking to a plant-based diet. As you can see, you can switch up the ingredients and have options for the end flavor. And that’s exactly how this cauliflower sweet potato mash came to be for me. Report this ad
In addition to roasting the vegetables or using broth over non-dairy milk, you could even switch up the seasonings for these mashed cauliflower and sweet potatoes. Feel free to add more spices, like a bit of onion or chili powder.
Or, instead, sweeten and spice this mashed sweet potato and cauliflower dish up by adding a date or two, plus a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg for a totally different flavor. I’d stick to the non-dairy milk, though, for these spices.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mash Recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram Page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Certified Plantricious
because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 head cauliflower core removed and broken into pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into about 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower and sweet potato in about 1-2" of water until soft. Alternately, roast on parchment paper in a 400° oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the softened vegetables to the bowl of your food processor and process a minute to break up the pieces. Or, mash by hand. Add the unsweetened non-dairy milk or broth, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and continue to process until smooth