What a great way to get your greens in. You can have berries year ’round with frozen packaged berries. This is a quick and easy meal and it’s super nutritious. It’s not always easy to get in all of the greens you should be eating, but this Green Berry Smoothie makes it easy.
By adding a few spinach, kale, or swiss chard leaves to the mix, you get a boatload of nutrition that is easily digested since it’s whirred into such small bits.
I would say that breakfast time is the best time to get started on your nutrition intake. This offers your body the first dose of nutrients for the day and gives you that wake-up and energetic boost to get you started for the day. If you get your breakfast right, you will have a wonderful day to follow!
This also makes a wonderful pre or post workout snack that will fuel your body just right.
Here are a few more delicious and healthy recipes to try:
- Healing Turmeric Smoothie
- Heart Healthy Smoothie
- Rick’s Superfood Smoothie
- V-8 Smoothie
- Homemade Almond Milk
Drink your greens (and berries) any time of day. Berries are filled with anti-inflammatory goodness, vibrant vitamins, and minerals that nourish your body good. Offering sweetness without any refined sugar.
Make this smoothie in under 2 minutes with a high-speed blender like the Vitamix, Ninja, or Magic Bullet for a super quick and easy to clean method.
Use your plant-based milk of choice. Soy, coconut, hemp, rice, oat milk are wonderful, protein-rich options.
I love to make my own fresh nut milk simply by soaking your favorite nut (cashew or almonds are great), and adding them to your smoothie with some filtered water. Hempseeds do not need to be soaked, you can just add them to the smoothie and blend with water and berries. Bam! Simple, fresh, easy and beautiful goodness!
Add some fresh herbs like mint or ginger for extra zing.
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Green Berry Smoothie! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Green Berry Smoothie
- 1 cups frozen berries any mix – organic strawberries, blueberries, cranberries are my favorite
- 1 cup non-dairy drink (your fav!) I like hemp or try my homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup water for thinning
- 1-2 leaves swiss chard broken into smaller bits
- Fiber and / or powdered greens optional
- Add the berries, swiss chard and on-dairy drink to the blender
- Whir until smooth, adding water to think to the consistency you like.
- Add any fiber, powdered greens or protein powder you like and whir just a few more seconds.