Creamy and delicious and full of plant-based goodness this vegan Green Goddess dressing recipe is a crowd pleaser. The creaminess comes from tahini and avocado combined with parsley or cilantro and green onions for that lovely green color.
Combine those ingredients with garlic, tamari (like soy sauce), lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar for tanginess and you have a winner.
Enjoy a variety of plant-based dressings:
Enjoy this beautiful, green, packed full of goodness Goddess dressing on my Green Goddess Bowl! It’s one hearty grain bowl that is pared perfectly with this dressing.
In addition, I’ve been looking for some cool containers to store my homemade dress in. I didn’t find much in my search, so I bought a carton of 12 bottles, some waterproof labels and voila – I have salad dressing in a bottle. Since I made homemade lotions last holiday, it was easy to find resources.
So, here you have it. Green Goddess Dressing. It does contain fat from sesame seeds and avocado, but no added oil! I’ll post my bottle and label resources at the end of the recipe. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Green Goddess Dressing! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Inspired by a version from detoxinista.com.
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley or cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbl green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic or 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp low-sodium tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and add more water, if necessary, until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 4 days in a sealed container. This dressing will thicken up when chilled, making a nice veggie dip, too!