This oat and quinoa hot cereal will be one of those recipes you’ll probably make for yourself when you want to curl up with a good book. It’s perfect when you want something comforting but not heavy or find yourself alone for breakfast.
No matter what they case is, you’ll love the taste and how well it compliments fresh fruit.
You’ve heard the advice – EAT BREAKFAST! It keeps you from eating out of control later in the day when your body says “feed me.” So, I’ve included this yummy hot cereal that uses quinoa flakes to up the protein and keep you full longer. It really is satisfying and helps battle those ridiculous cravings that happen to us all.
Be sure to check out more Quinoa inspired meals:
- Quinoa Salad with Mango Dressing
- Quinoa Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf
- Creamy Mushroom Quinoa Soup
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Quinoa
You could use fresh berries if you have them on hand or they’re in season but if not, frozen works fine too. Blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries are so healthy and they all taste wonderful in this simple recipe. Check out this article on all the health benefits of berries.
You could use dried fruit or berries but be careful about freshness and sugar content. Also, use good quality vanilla and maple syrup. That is important to maintaining a tasty flavor.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Oat Quinoa Hot Cereal recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Oat and Quinoa Hot Cereal
- Add water to saucepan along with the oats, quinoa, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl along with half of the yogurt, half of the berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Enjoy 🙂