Like a taste of fall, this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is creamy, comforting and full of feel-good ingredients. Sweet, delicious, full of fiber and good for you beta-carotene that nourishes your skin, the largest organ of your body!
Feel free to add a handful of baby spinach for an added boost, and top with some pecans if you feel so inclined.
This delicious smoothie is great for breakfast, dessert or as a clean and energizing pre or post workout snack.
With potassium from the bananas, iron, other minerals, natural fiber and sweetness from the dates, pumpkin, and flaxseeds, you have yourself a beautiful, nutritious, feel-good boost in a glass.
TRY A FEW MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES TO SATISFY YOUR TASTE BUDS:
The spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg are not only delicious, but they are beautiful spices that nourish your brain health, are antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, detoxifies the liver and kidneys, and overall immune strengthening.
Learn more about these spices in my NEW article, Jumpstart Your Fall with Healthy Warming Spices. I’ve also included some seasonal recipe favorites.
Any non-dairy milk will do. Homemade is best. It is made without adding those thickening agents or stabilizers as commercial brands do.
To make your own nut or oat milk, simply soak your nuts, seeds or oats overnight, and blend with a dash of sweetener (maple syrup or 2 dates) and a pinch of sea salt.
Read more about How to Make Delicious Homemade Nut, Seed and Grain-Based Milk.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk any will do
- 2 medium bananas peeled cut into 4ths and frozen
- 2 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree from canned or fresh
- 2 cups ice cubes
- ¼ tsp Ceylon cinnamon*
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- ½-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or use 1/4 tsp ground ginger and nutmeg with 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Process on high until smooth and creamy, adding more liquid to the consistency you desire.