I just love making this roasted potato salad recipe for Memorial Day, 4th of July and picnic potlucks. It’s a wonderful go-to dish you can whip up in no time at all. It’s affordable, simple, filling and delicious to serve as a side dish.
The sauce is what really makes this plant-based potato salad pop. In this dish, use non-dairy (we used soy) yogurt dressing, adding creaminess with fewer added calories than mayonnaise.
Potato Salad add-ins
Add-in some condiments and spices like mustard, dill, apple cider vinegar, and pickles for that tang, herbiness, and crunch we all love in a potato salad.
Serve this vegan roasted potato salad with a Black Bean Beet Burger and coleslaw and you’ve got yourself a summer meal everyone will rave about.
Pair this salad with these fan-favorite party recipes:
- Macaroni Salad
- BBQ Baked Beans
- Caprese Salad with Blackberry & Watermelon
- Potato Salad with Tofu Scramble
If you remember to roast the potatoes the night before, you’ll have these beauties ready to go in the morning. Just mix in the add-ins and yogurt. I have a recipe for homemade yogurt that is perfect for this. This healthy roasted potato salad will be ready in no time.
Many people fear potatoes, as they are known to have high starch/carbohydrate content. But they are indeed a low-calorie food, offering 2 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and less than 100 calories per medium potato.
Did you know that there is a trick to lowering the starch and carb level in potatoes?
Shock them in ice-cold water as soon as they are done boiling. This stops the carb creation process, keeping your meal low carb and just as filling.
Potatoes provide that element of earthiness and offer some wonderful essential vitamins and nutrients like potassium, which fuels our muscles.
Keep the skin on for 30% more nutrient levels (potassium, iron, calcium, vitamin C & B6). They also contain fiber which is supportive for a healthy running digestive system. You can read more about potatoes and their benefits in my article, Potatoes: To Eat or Not to Eat.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Roasted Potato Salad! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Roasted Potato Salad
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-4 sweet pickles
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 parsley chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened homemade yogurt or small carton non-dairy store-bought
- 2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- Dice potatoes. Squeeze lemon juice over potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional). Roast at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add potatoes, onion, pickles, dill and parsley to a large bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Toss together and serve.