This roasted red pepper dip is sure to please any of your guests, plant-based or not! If you want a burst of flavor and a dip with no-added-fat – then this is for you!
Flavorful roasted red pepper blended with heart-healthy walnut to bring on the zing. I served this on Christmas night and even my kids liked it! If you can make a recipe without added fat that tastes as good as one made with fat, why not. Your waistline will thank you.
I’m planning on using this recipe for a Moroccan themed plant-based dinner party later this month. You can roast your own peppers if you have the time and it will create a very nice fresh, bold flavor but you need to pay attention to your peppers when roasting them.
This “how to” guide gives you great tips and techniques if you want to roast your own peppers for this dip.
This roasted red pepper dip is a great base to build on. You can certainly add some green veggies to the dip for added dimension and just to change it up.
Here are some flavor-packed plant-based pairings to accompany your menu:
- Tempeh Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Thick Cut Seasoned Fries with Chipotle Sauce
- Easy Zucchini Cakes
- Ultimate Greek Nachos
- Roasted Carrot and Garlic Hummus
Sautéed spinach with garlic would be a great add-in or combine with the low-fat hummus recipe for a crazy flavor explosion.
One of the best ways to serve this roasted pepper dip for a party is with a flatbread that will compliment it. I found this flatbread recipe on Pinterest that will make a great side for a dip. Again, you can use the flatbread to build on and the roasted red pepper dip can be a base. Layer grilled onions and veggies and make a flavorful wrap.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Roasted Red Pepper Dip! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Plantricious Friendly because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- *Plantricious Friendly foods may include but are not limited to condiments, fermented foods, soups, sauces, beverages, dressings, marinades, etc.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Combine all ingredients, including the bread, in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with pita, crackers or sliced raw vegetables like carrots, jicama, and celery.