- I've been married for 37 years. Charles was a budding studio photographer when we were first married. Since then he's had a great career and started one of the first digital stock photograph companies in the world. He's an amazing nature photographer, entrepreneur, and conservationist! We've raised two boys.
2. I saw Jimi Hendrix as the opening act for The Monkees rock band in 1967. He only lasted for seven concerts but I was lucky enough to see him in Miami, Florida. I also, ran into the Monkees when visiting Niagra Falls with my folks.
3. I've dined with Jane Goodall and that was something. We shared stories about spiders 🙂 What an amazing person!
4. I've also had the pleasure of dining with EO Wilson, ant scientist and conservationist. My family and I were in his NOVA documentary, "Lord of the Ants," as extras. If you see it, we are walking across a bridge in the very beginning.
5. I'm quiet by nature and love spending time writing, reading, riding my bike, hiking or painting. That's probably why you haven't seen me in many videos, but I'm working on fixing that. I also love a party, but after about 3 hours, I'm ready to go home.
6. I have anxiety on occasion and it's something I've struggled with most of my life. I learned that having a heart-murmur made me more easily triggered by stressful events. But it can also be related to chemistry so I make sure I have enough vitamin B and the right nutrition to keep my system calm. Read more about my health journey.
7. I'm crazy about science fiction movies and movie monsters. My favorite movie as a kid was Jason and the Argonauts, animated by the great Ray Harryhausen, who created a form of stop-motion model animation before computers were used. My favorite sci-fi series is "The Expanse."
8. I was adopted in Los Angeles when I was 3 months old.
9. In addition to being a watercolor artist (I love painting figures, still life and flowers), I played the guitar, piano, worked macrame & crocheted and have made homemade gifts. I love working with my hands. I still usually give something homemade to my friends for the holidays.
10. I love hanging with my dog, Abby, and we're working on agility training. She was adopted and is a shepherd / golden retriever mix.