You won’t miss eggs when you can have this delicious Crustless Tofu Quiche that’s stuffed with veggies.
Of late, I’ve been adding more protein to my dishes to help with the feeling of fullness. Although this recipe has broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes, you can mix it up with other vegetables. Try zucchini or roasted sweet potatoes, baby spinach, roasted sweet potatoes for fun variations.
Although you can use regular tofu, I used Silken tofu brand which is creamier. If you double the recipe you could use one package of each kind. If you use firm or extra firm you don’t need to press the tofu.
Roasting the vegetables beforehand helps release most of the juices and keep the quiche from being watery. The addition of chickpea flour helps, as well. I would guess that regular all-purpose flour would work, also, but the chickpea flour adds more protein.
Looking for more tofu-inspired recipes? Here’s a few more to try:
- Avocado Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad
- One Pot Thai Coconut Curry Tofu
- Spinach Tofu Benedict
Once the vegetables are roasted and the tofu mixture blended in the food processor, you just need to carefully blend all, place in your pie plate and bake.
You could also make these into these cute little muffin size quiches so have on hand for snacks. If you have a muffin pan, spoon a portion of the mixtures into each and fill to the top; they don’t puff up much. It’s fun and easy to serve or quickly take along for an on the go breakfast or protein-rich snack. Everyone must get excited to have their very own mini crustless quiche!
I love making this recipe because this quiche gives off a warm, comforting aroma when baking in the oven.
Perfect for a nice cool late morning, particularly for Christmas brunch! Serve this beautiful, hearty dish at gatherings, for a family Sunday brunch with some berries, toast and tempeh bacon, or with a nice mixed greens side salad as a well-rounded healthy meal.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Crustless Broccoli Sun Dried Tomato Quiche recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
Crustless Broccoli Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 9 in Pie Plate
- 12.3-oz. box extra firm Silken tofu (or regular tofu) drained and dried
- 2 leeks cleaned and sliced, white part and some green
- 1 ½ cup broccoli chopped
- 2 tbsp low sodium vegetable broth or a little water and Tamari (like soy sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3-4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked in hot water
- ½ cup artichoke hearts chopped (either marinated or not)
- 1/8 cup low sodium vegetable broth (or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Prepare a 9” pie plate or springform pan by lining with parchment paper or spraying with a little oil.
- Put all of the leeks and broccoli onto a baking sheet and pour on a little vegetable broth, salt, and pepper or a water-soy sauce mixture and mix with your hands or a spoon. Bake for about 20-30 minutes then remove and set aside.
- In the meantime, add the tofu, garlic, nutritional yeast, mustard, lemon, tahini, 1/8 cup oats (to start), cornstarch, a few dashes of Tabasco, and salt to a food processor. Process until well combined and smooth. If the mixture is too runny, add a little more of the oats. Taste for flavor and heat, adding more as needed.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked vegetables with the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. With a spatula, scrape in the tofu mixture from your processor bowl.
- Mix carefully so that all of the vegetables are well distributed. If the mixture seems too dry, add a little vegetable broth or water.
- Add to the pie plate, springform pan, or muffin tins and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until slightly browned. If using the muffin tins, check for doneness at 20 minutes.
- Cool before slicing into wedges. May be served warm or refrigerated and served chilled.