This unique and super tasty strawberry salsa is good all year round but is especially perfect for the spring and summer!
When families gather for Easter or the typical BBQ on those hot summer nights, you’ll thank me later when you have this refreshing salsa at your fingertips. It is the perfect appetizer while you’re waiting for that grill to fire up.
Even though it’s superb as an appetizer, more adventurous foodies can stretch this amazing salsa to top frozen yogurt. The combination of tangy strawberries with the spice from peppers, blends heavenly with the cool creaminess of the frozen yogurt.
I found a great and easy recipe here in case you want a sugar-free version.
You wouldn’t expect spicy ingredients like red onion and jalapeno would combine well with strawberries, but this recipe is sublime. Substitute other fruit such as pineapple, mango or even kiwi for this delicious treat.
Subbing fruits allows you to enjoy it year-round and customize it to whatever fruits in season or the freshest but this works best with strawberries.
Get ready for your next BBQ with these delicious plant-based recipes:
You don’t have to stop at just the toppings I’ve suggested, you can venture out and try it out with anything. Garnish drinks, dig into it with chips, add it to your BBQ sauce or just enjoy it plain. The possibilities are endless and it’s so good the entire family will be on board with this salsa.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Strawberry Salsa! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and ¼” dice
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 small Jalapeño seeded and diced (or less to your liking)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 medium lime Zest and juice
- salt to taste
- Blend all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate an hour before serving and store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.