I can’t think of a more anticipated and thoroughly enjoyed meal than Thanksgiving dinner. We missed our kids this year, but the food didn’t suffer. And, the potatoes for this Chunky Sweet Potato Casserole came straight out of our garden in the morning!
There are also purple sweet potatoes waiting to be harvested.
I purchased the slips for these special Okinawan purple potatoes since that’s about the only way I know of to find them.
I like the idea of a chunky sweet potato casserole because at Thanksgiving you already usually have mashed potatoes. These won’t affect your waistline as they don’t have added brown sugar or marshmallows which you see in some recipes.
They’re instead baked with walnuts and pistachios and cranberry and pomegranate juice for sweetness and nutritional goodness.
Your holiday menu can be healthy and filling:
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Vegan Creamed Spinach
- Sauteed Greens
- Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Apple Stuffing
- Cranberry Apple Sauce
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Sweet Potato Casserole! If you have a photo, post it on my Facebook page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Plantricious Friendly because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- *Plantricious Friendly foods may include but are not limited to condiments, fermented foods, soups, sauces, beverages, dressings, marinades, etc.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into a casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes are soft.