This plant-based, vegan ranch dressing tastes so rich and creamy, you won’t believe it’s dairy free. Serve with a wedge of lettuce or as a dip with vegetables.
Many dressings in the supermarket aisles, even the organic ones, are loaded with unnecessary sugar and refined oils. I love making my own dressings because I then know what is going into my body. The beautiful part about it is that they are just so quick and simple to make.
This protein-rich creamy ranch dressing is made with soaked cashews, beautiful fresh herbs, spices, and a dash of probiotic-rich apple cider vinegar to give it that tang.
Cashews, when soaked and blended with a little bit of liquid, creates a beautiful “cream”. No need for sour cream here!
Have a look at a few more plant-based dressings:
- Oil-Free Honey Mustard Dressing
- Tahini Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing
If you don’t have cashews on hand and still would love to make this dressing, you can use almond milk with….chia seeds! Chia seeds are super rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are nourishing for your skin hair and nails, and for your muscles.
The chia seeds, when added to liquid, thickens and forms a fiber soluble gel-like consistency which helps lubricate your intestines and offers support for digestion. All ingredients are blended in the blender, and it’s as easy as that!
This dressing will last about a week in the refrigerator when stored in a sealed mason jar.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Plant-Based, Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it!
This recipe is Plantricious Friendly because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- *Plantricious Friendly foods may include but are not limited to condiments, fermented foods, soups, sauces, beverages, dressings, marinades, etc.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 1 hour in hot water
- -OR 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- -plus 1 tbsp chia seeds (these will thicken the dressing after several minutes)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill weed or 1 tsp dried
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place the cashews (or non-dairy milk and chia seeds), water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Remove to your container and add the minced basil and dill weed.
- Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Yield: 1 cup
RECIPE NOTE: Chia seeds take some time to gel and thicken.
Nutrition for 2 Tbl with Non-Dairy Milk and Chia seeds
Total Fat: 1.7 g
Sat Fat: 0.2 g
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbs: 1.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 1 g.
Vit A & C: 0%
Calcium: 6%, Iron: 3%