You won’t believe how much this vegan tofu eggless salad tastes like the real thing and it’s so easy to make. You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.
The first thing to do is to press the tofu, to remove any excess liquid so that the tofu can better hold the flavor of the spices, while also creating an “egg” salad that isn’t soggy.
Once your tofu is ready, crumble it into a bowl and add the chopped and grated vegetables, mix with the pinch of spice, the vegan mayonnaise and mustard.
The turmeric/curry and mustard are what creates the “egg” effect color wise and it also adds the warming, anti-inflammatory effect, and punch in flavor.
Enjoy these light and healthy sandwiches:
I also like to add a little of the pickle juice to enhance and meld the flavors.
The crisp veggies like cucumber, carrot, and celery add a fresh crunch and make it a perfect way to have your serving of raw veggies for lunch, that’s easy to digest.
Mix all of these ingredients until fully mixed, and you’re ready to serve it on your bread. It’s also great served on a lettuce salad or in cabbage/collard leaf, keeping this meal low carb and gluten-free.
Top with sliced tomatoes, onion, radish, and serve with a pickle, a side of soup, and this is a perfect meal for any season. You would delight a crowd if you bring this dish to a picnic potluck.
Simple, flavorful, and won’t hurt your budget. Add some currants or raisins and walnuts for sweetness and omegas; this could be your child’s new favorite school lunch sandwich!
Ahh, the pleasures of creating simple, fresh and pure meals. Just so satisfying!
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Eggless Tofu Salad Sandwich Recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it!
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Tofu Eggless Salad Sandwich
- 1 block firm organic tofu drained and pressed
- 1/3 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 sweet pickles or dill, chopped (no added sugar, preferred)
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp homemade mayonnaise or vegan store-bought
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp turmeric or curry powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole grain bread or sourdough
- tomato sliced
- 1 medium avocado sliced (optional)
- lettuce or sprouts
- Press tofu using a tofu press or wrapping in paper towels and placing a plate with another plate on top. Put something heavy on top. Press for around 15 minutes while you prepare the other veggies.
- Place tofu in a large bowl and break up into small pieces with a fork.
- Add the celery, parsley, red onion, red onion, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, turmeric, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve on bread with tomato and lettuce or sprouts and avocado, if preferred.