Mornings can be stressful and these overnight chia oats are a great solution to the morning rush! They help keep you on track and when you make several servings at a time, your week is set. Not only that, but the addition of chia seeds contains heart-healthy omega 3 fats.
The toppings supply you with some of your daily fruits… I love blueberries, strawberries, and banana. Use frozen if you can’t find fresh. Mix it up with your favorite fruit or even add a little nut butter.
For fall, the addition of pumpkin and cinnamon spices is a seasonal treat. I also love my Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding that you can make with any leftover pumpkin. Canned is easiest but you could also make your very own pumpkin puree (see a quick how-to video below).
The overnight oats with chia are so easy to make, too. Any jar will do, or even a bowl, but I like these wide-mouth Ball jars which you can usually find at your hardware store or possibly Target or Walmart. If you have trouble finding them, Amazon has them too.
Be sure to check out these other plant-based breakfast recipes:
- Oatmeal with Berries and Nuts
- Rick’s Superfood Smoothie
- Whole Grain Muesli
- Lentil Oats Power Porridge
- Homemade Soy Yogurt
Then, all you need to do is add the chia seeds, oatmeal, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Stir well, cover and put in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, toss on some fruit and a few nuts and bam, your breakfast is ready.
A serving of oatmeal is only 1/2 cup cooked and that may not seem like enough. These cut pint-sized canning jars are perfect if you need to add more.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Overnight Chia Oats recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking
This recipe is Certified Plantricious
because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Overnight Chia Oats
- For each jar, include (1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup malk, 1/4 tsp cin. & vanilla, 2 tbl chia seeds, 1/2 tbl maple syrup)
- Cover and put into the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, top with fruit and nuts.