Here’s a really quick way to get your veggies with lots of flavor on the table in a flash. Spiked with a dressing of nut butter and a hint of curry, this Curried Roasted Cauliflower will surely delight your most picky eaters.
This dish is so simple, so quick, and so flavorful…this may just turn out to be one of your favorites. I know you might be thinking about the fat content in this dish, but sometimes, a little healthy fat from nuts is nourishing and supportive of your health.
In this dish, the almond butter gives the cauliflower its richness, and together with the curry, makes a delicious coating to the cauliflower. And, the almond butter mixture is not a typical marinade but more of a thick paste that is easier to mix with your hands but imparts a delicious flavor.
And, cauliflower roasts so quickly in the oven. If you don’t like curry, you can add just salt and pepper or a little of any spice that hits your fancy. How about smoky paprika?
This dish offers lots of fiber, protein from nut butter, and vitamins and minerals from green peas.
Oh, and did you know that peas offer a higher dose of vitamin C than citrus? Also, your daily dose of zinc, which is an important antioxidant mineral that is essential for wound healing. Not only that, but B vitamins, magnesium and phosphorus which is important for proper health and maintenance of your blood, muscle, bone health, as well as your nervous system. Bring on the peas, please!
Cauliflower is one of those dynamic, vitamin, mineral, and fiber-rich cruciferous veggies that offer anti-cancerous, anti-inflammatory, hormone balancing, weight loss support, eye health, and aids in detoxification.
Try this dynamic vegetable in another recipe:
- Cauliflower Pasta Alfredo
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mash
- Barley Bean Salad with Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
- Moroccan Chickpea Vegetable Tagine
This amazing veggie can be cooked in a myriad of ways. You can simply roast it, as we did in this recipe, throw it in soups, stews, and stir-fries, mashing it to mimic mashed potatoes, and now….the new craze is turning it into “rice”.
If you are interested in getting a bit creative, you are welcome to chop your cauliflower in the food processor to turn it into a “curried fried rice” dish.
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Peas Recipe! If you have a photo, post it on my Instagram page, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it!
This recipe is Certified Plantricious because it meets the following guidelines.
The Trusted Seal for
- Must be whole food plant-based, contains no animal products
- May be minimally processed
- No added oil
- No added sugars
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Sodium (mg) to Calories ratio, 1 ≤ 1
- Total Fiber to Calories, 2g ≥ 100 calories
Roasted Curry Cauliflower with Peas
- 1 head cauliflower leaves trimmed and broken into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup peas defrosted in warm water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the nut butter, curry powder, water, and salt and pepper. Heat in the microwave for a few seconds to thin. This will be more like a paste but add more water if you think it needs to be thinner.
- Place cauliflower in a large baking dish and squeeze lemon over.
- Pour marinade over cauliflower and mix with clean hands. Stir in the peas.
- Place, uncovered, in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkler sliced almonds over top and a sprinkling of parsley.