Another classic made plant-based. This tempeh BLT is as satisfying as the original. Pan-fried bacon, vegan mayo, toasty whole grain bread, crispy romaine lettuce and heirloom tomatoes, if you can find them, make this sandwich seriously good.
If you’ve been missing this classic because you’ve given up bacon, give it a try. And, you know you’re making the right decision to eat less meat with the recent announcement from the World Health Organization that processed meats are cancer causing.
Enjoy these plant-based sandwiches:
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Tempeh Bacon BLT. If you have a photo, post it on Instagram, tag me using the hashtag #plantbasedcooking in your caption, and I won’t miss it.
- 6-8 slices Smokey Maple Tempeh Bacon I use Lightlife brand
- 4 pieces whole grain bread toasted
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 leaves lettuce washed and drained
- homemade mayonnaise or mashed avocado
- avocado slices, optional
- In a non-stick pan, heat 3-4 slices per sandwich of the tempeh bacon until lightly browned on each side.
- Add mayonnaise to your toasted bread and top with the bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Optional: add sliced or mashed avocado.
8 slices tempeh bacon
& Avocado slices